Community & Sponsorship
At Western Rockies, we view our community relations not as extracurricular, but as a commitment. We believe in the credit union philosophy of "people helping people," and one of our values is social responsibility. We were born and raised right here in Mesa County, and folks here have trusted us to meet their financial needs and to help them improve their financial lives for more than 80 years. We are proud to contribute to our community by actively participating as a member of the western slope family.
We proudly support organizations that help improve the lives of our members through education, financial literacy, safety and wellness. We participate in city-sponsored events with community partners i, as well as many non-profit organizations whose goal is to help our members, children, pets and veterans.
The handful of schoolteachers who founded Western Rockies in 1938 created opportunities for members to realize a better life. Their values and goals resonate today in everything we do. Western Rockies makes contributions to organizations, and activities operating within the counties we serve, emphasizing:
- Education & Financial Literacy
- Community Development
- Support for Youth
Other organizations or activities may also receive financial support. Their selection as recipients will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Western Rockies considers funding for nonprofit organizations, local government-sponsored projects, and educational institutions and foundations, with some exceptions. We are unable to support requests for the following:
- Individuals (for purposes such as individual study, research or travel grants)
- Individual or school team sport activities or pageants, including travel or competition costs
- Political activities (including candidates, campaigns, and Political Action Committees)
- Graduation and all-night parties
Other categories may be deemed outside the parameters for consideration upon further review.
Tips for Creating a Successful Application
These tips will help you understand our process and what you can expect:
- We request that submissions be completed at least 60 days prior to needing a decision or funds.
- Correspondence from Western Rockies will be directed to the person listed on the application at the mailing address provided. This person must be an authorized representative of the organization seeking support.
- While we will consider all eligible requests, our average contribution ranges from $100 to $2,500. If we are unable to meet your entire request, we will consider a contribution in an alternate amount.
- We are able to consider one request per organization in a 12-month period.
Make a Request
Once you have determined that your organization is eligible for a contribution, simply the button to launch our online request form.